Viva La Revolución
Posted by Heliocentrism on June 8, 2010
June 8, 2010
Just like in that Patriot movie!
Mark and I are visiting his sister who lives in South Carolina. On our way to her place Mark and I saw a sign for Historic Brattonsville. The next day we went to see it.
Brattonsville was the site of a Revolutionary War battle called Huck’s defeat. In this battle, although only one soldier in the American militia was killed, a large majority of the British were slaughtered. This battle was not close. I won’t tell you how the whole war ended.
There really wasn’t a lot going on in Brattonsville the day we went. There were no performances scheduled. I hear, though, that this is a great place to spend the fourth of July!
How to get there:
You can enter my country by land, air, or sea. But I think flight would be your transportation method of choice.
I have no clue how to get a visa to the US or who needs one. Just assume that you need one if you are not American or Canadian and check with your local US embassy.
- Use 911 for the police, fire department, or to get an ambulance
- Use 411 for information (This might cost money.)
- Crash Course:
- CGP Grey:
- Mental Floss:
- American on Purpose: The Improbable Adventures of an Unlikely Patriot
- Area 51
- The Autobiography of Malcolm X
- Dandelion Wine
- Girl in Translation
- The Hemingses of Monticello
- The Life and Times of the Thunderbolt Kid
- The Lost Continent: Travels in Small Town America
- Notes from a Big Country
- One Summer: America, 1927
- Rolling Nowhere: Riding the Rails with America’s Hoboes
- Stealing Buddha’s Dinner
- That’s Not In My American History Book
- A Walk in the Woods: Rediscovering America on the Appalachian Trail
- The Water Is Wide
- Written in Bone: Buried Lives of Jamestown and Colonial Maryland
- It’s a big country. You’re going to need a car.
- 34°51’53.2″N 81°10’33.9″W
McConnells, SC 29726
- Adults – 6USD
- Kids – 3USD
- Seniors – 5USD
- M-Sa 10:00 ~ 17:00
- Su 13:00 ~ 17:00
- I recommend going when there is a performance to see. Otherwise you’re just walking around with no one to answer your questions.