How to get from Nami Island to Gangneung
There is no way to go from Nami Island (Gapyeong) to anywhere on the east coast. So here are your options:
1. Go through Seoul
Take a train or bus back to Seoul.
- costs 3400 ~ 4000KRW
- Take a little over an hour
- costs about 8000 (This is just a guess. The bus website is down right now.)
- Takes about a hour.
- cost 7500KRW
- Leaves Nami Island at 16:00 (only one bus per day)
- You can take the Seoul Metro to Gapyeong Station
- I don’t know how much this costs, or how long it takes.
Take a bus or train to Gangneung
- 3 hours by Express bus
- less than 30000KRW (This is just a guess. The bus website is down right now.)
- about 9 hours. There is no direct bus going east-west in Korea.
- I don’t know the cost. But you can call +82-1544-7788
2. Do a crazy 1,0001 bus rides through Korea. (This might not actually work.)
- Bus, Metro, or train to Chuncheon
- I’m having trouble finding information on it now. I will update it later.
- Take a bus to Wonju (I can’t find any information on this.)
- Take a bus to Gangneung
You can always call Tourist information to ask questions about the bus or train schedule. Call 1330 from any phone, anywhere in Korea.